Bing's (hehe) YouTube Tips & YouTube Secrets Success
"It can be touch to be found on YouTube. ...we're very proud of the biggest stage, but it (YouTube) is the biggest stage which is tough. ...There are lots of things that we recommend and a lot of these things may sound obvious, but the real magic is consistently doing it. ...Being successful in YouTube and being found is really hard work.
Strong Brand Building through Strong Story Telling
- Identify what you are as a brand. Nothing can really topple authenticity, especially on YouTube. If you are disingenuous even a little bit, people will see right through you.
- Tell good stories. Go into your dashboard and look at your attention score. You want to make sure you see where the attention score is falling off for viewers.
Pay Attention to the Fundamentals
- Make sure you're tagging very consistently.
- Dont just put 3 lines in your description. Make your description a story.
- Make sure you're using annotations. Annotate with other videos. Link your videos together
Create High-Quality Video
"Just filming something is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Just putting in a little side budget is NOT GOOD ENOUGH."
Engagement, Engagement, Engagement
The big big thing that I think most people make a mistake on is Engagement. Engagement means everything from responding to your viewers and your partners, to engaging with them within the content. "
- Dont just respond to a comment... Tell them why you're thankful for that comment and link them into the next video.
- When you respond or post a bulletin, end with a statement. Inquisitive messages get a lot higher traffic.
- In terms of the actual content itself, engage with the viewers in the video. For example, ask your viewers a question to base your next video on. Ask your viewers questions within the video to encourage comments.