Knowing that, every day, people are posting videos on YouTube and don't know exactly how to make great videos, YouTube will be offering tips on everything from pre-to-post-production every Wednesday starting July 18 on Google+ Hangouts on Air. It will be interesting to see what YouTube brings to the party here, since there are a great many videos about video on the web on YouTube, Vimeo, and of course, Revision3′s "Film Riot." But maybe YouTube will be offering insight on what exactly viewers are excited/turned off by, and their unique perspective will help make better videos.
YouTube's Educational Workshops: Schedule
Here is the schedule for YouTube's workshops, which will kick off at noon PT/3 PM ET every Wednesday:
- July 18, 2012: YouTube Product Overview
- July 25, 2012: Pre-visualization and Storyboarding
- Aug 1, 2012: Choosing Your Equipment
- Aug 8, 2012: Introduction to Cinematography
- Aug 15, 2012: Lighting and Sound on a Shoestring
- Aug 22, 2012: Green Screen Techniques
- Aug 29, 2012: Lighting
- Sept 5, 2012: Sound
- Sept 12, 2012: Basic Editing Techniques
- Sept 19, 2012: Finishing: Color Correction, Sound Mixing
- Sept 26, 2012: Developing Your Audience on YouTube
- Oct 3, 2012: Improving Your Channel with Analytics
Education is always a good thing when it comes to video techniques. Not everybody knows how to do these things, and this might be YouTube's sort-of "Video For Dummies" series that will explain things in a language anyone can understand. Even better: the series will be available on YouTube shortly after the Hangout is done, so it will be on YouTube forever and ever and you don't actually need to be there when it airs live.
But the advantage to being there live might mean you can ask questions that might not otherwise be answered.
This is sort of like a YouTube Creator Playbook, video version. It will have workshops on how to shoot and edit a video, but also will cover YouTube Analytics and how to build an audience. So it's not going to leave you hanging on that issue. Give it a look starting this Wednesday.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!