Every week, we try to cover the most interesting, most important, and most newsworthy stories in the world of online video. But there are limitations to our abilities; we are only human after all. So naturally, we don't have the time or resources to cover everything we think you should know about with a full article. So here are some of the best-of-the-rest from this week: stories, opinions, and great examples in the world of online video.
Online Video News
- Vzaar is teaming up with 10CMS to offer more robust online video options for retail websites. You can read more about it here. Oh–speaking of Vzaar, they've also got investor and award-winning filmmaker, Oliver Stone, lined up to judge their upcoming 2011 Online Video Festival.
- YouTube has crowned another On The Rise winner, and this month's voters chose a channel that focuses on cute and easy hairstyles for little girls. Take a look.
- According to this ZDNet article, Comcast is playing around with IPTV to try and catch up to their online video competitors.
Online Video Editorials & Opinions
- Jeffrey Cohen at SocialMediaB2B.com has some great tips for anyone starting out with business-to-business video, and you can read it here.
- Brian Deagon at Investors.com thinks online video advertising, for all the bullish talk, still has a ways to go.
Gadgets, Tools, & Software
- Troy Dreier at StreamingMedia.com has an excellent list of 25 Flash Video Resources You Might Have Missed.
- Bummer: Most of the video game emulators have been pulled from the Android Market.
- Don't look now, but there's been another "Bigfoot sighting" by hikers… captured on fuzzy, shaky film.
- Comedians & college graduations go hand in hand, apparently. At least in the Ivy League they do. Tom Hanks stopped by Yale to give a commencement address, and it was hilarious. Not to be outdone by their rival, Harvard invited Amy Poehler, and she was equally funny.
- Finally, actress and funny-lady, Lisa Kudrow, has been announced as the host of the Webby Awards ceremony on June 13th.
I Leave You With…
The cutest video I've seen in months, and one that's gone from zero to 10 million views in about two days:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!