After a busy week, and a relaxing weekend, it's nearly time to start the cycle all over again. But before you dive into the routine tomorrow, take a few moments to catch up on the stories from the past week in the world of online video. For instance, your YouTube Channel will upgrade to the new look in a few days, whether you like it or not. We also have stories on the new YouTube captions & Creator Playbook, Brightcove's AppCloud, Facebook's effectiveness for marketers, and much more.
Reel News You Might Have Missed
- Brightcove expanded their AppCloud.
- YouTube gave their captions an upgrade or two.
- Stop swinging for the fences when you only need a single.
- Are YouTube views losing all meaning?
- Only 16% of your Facebook friends see what you post.
- Tim covers the latest updates to the YouTube Creator Playbook.
Online Video News
- Wal-Mart is going to help Hollywood push Ultraviolet. (Fierce Online Video)
- Ben Stiller producing a YouTube series. (Paid Content)
- Your YouTube Channel will upgrade to the new look automatically on March 7. (ReelSEO)
- YouTube announced the winners of this year's Ads Worth Spreading from TED. (YouTube)
- Longer windows could be coming for Redbox. (Paid Content)
- Is Netflix becoming a TV network? (Fierce Online Video)
Gadgets, Tools, Tips, & Software
- Google TV is a flop? (Fierce Online Video)
- How Revision3 made the switch to HTML5. (Streaming Media)
- 5 online video marketing lessons. (ReelSEO)
- Should we be worried about Facebook & others reading our text messages? (ZDNet)