At ReelSEO, we love video. We love it so much we've devoted our daily lives to writing about it. But even with that kind of commitment, it's impossible for us to cover everything important in the world of online video... there's just too much news to keep up with it all. That's why we are happy to provide a list of the week's top stories--both from ReelSEO and from other great online video resources--to help you get caught up on any stories you might have missed.
YouTube Training Course
Reel News You Might Have Missed
- 40 billion videos watched in January 2012
- Mark gets in-depth on schema for video.
- Is Google your next cable provider?
- The YouTube Creator Playbook Version 2 has arrived.
- Turn your customers FAQs into video concepts.
- Being realistic about YouTube revenue.
Online Video News
- The Weinstein Company has a new exclusive deal with Netflix (Market Watch)
- Sony Music chief loves YouTube (Web TV Wire)
- Will the online video "up fronts" help bring the web up to the level of TV? (DigiDay)
- YouTube wants to help non-profits. (Social Times)
- Ultraviolet up to 800,000 U.S. subscribers. (iSuppli)
Online Video Editorials & Opinions
- Is the latest YouTube trend for teens a growing problem? (Social Times)
- Sex appears to sell online as well as it always has. (Ad Age)
- Comcast's Netflix-killer is not yet a Netflix-killer. (All Things D)
Gadgets, Tools, Tips, & Software
- New online movie rental service ties things to Facebook. (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Comcast integration with Tivo? (Smart Planet)
- How non-partners can create custom thumbnails on YouTube. (ReelSEO)
- A buyer's guide for software encoders. (Streaming Media)
- There's a new in-app ad unit from 140 Proof. (Fierce Online Video)