Another big week for major world news, as the UK riots took center stage for most of the week. It was a huge week for online video and online video news as well. Because we know many of you are even busier than us (if that's possible), we like to try and compile the biggest stories, opinions, and announcements in the world of online video from the past week. If you missed any, you can catch up right here...
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- In YouTube news, they updated their Android app, made the black video player the default option for embedded clips, and they signed a new deal with MovieClips to bring 20,000 high quality film clips to YouTube.
- Christian Arno gave us a fantastic guest post on multilingual Video SEO.
- Part 5 of our Social Video Blueprint series showcased examples of successful social video campaigns.
- We learned that video ads are more effective than other online ads, at least with rich people.
- We talked about possible reasons why iTunes Replay for Movies is still held up.
- We covered the launch of the all new Common Craft subscription service.
- Oh, and Netflix... for kids?
Online Video News
- Disney is reevaluating deal with Netflix to possibly add more films from the studio's library.
- Speaking of Netflix, it's now come to ChromeBooks.
- Both Facebook and YouTube are dominating in the UK.
- Internet-connected TVs to be the most dominant portal for web connectivity by 2015, according to new research.
Online Video Editorials & Opinions
- Paul Kontonis gave an impassioned plea at Media Post for web series creators to Stand Up & Be Counted.
- How major corporations view the world of online video.
- This author thinks Google Plus will force LinkedIn to buy the Wall Street Journal.
- Online video can change lives.
- Is your business ready for video?
Gadgets, Tools, & Software
- Boxee for the iPad
- Wal-Mart's Vudu is also now streaming to the iPad.
- There's a new Android Market and Videos app rolling out to Android mobile users version 2.2 and higher.
The Lighter Side of Video
- YouTube has created an entire channel devoted to Johnny Carson, where you can relive all kinds of memories of "The King of Late Night."
- Nalts has an excellent list of 10 DIY video production tips that are useful... and hilarious.
- British Airways is using YouTube to recruit new pilots.
- NFL team asks fans to stop posting videos of practice on YouTube.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!