This week we have an online video news round up first: I'm just as interested in catching up on the news as you are. I've been out of the country for about a week, and haven't had my usual leisure time to keep up to date with the latest video news. So I'll be using this list myself as a resource to help me get up to speed.
If you missed anything big in the world of online video this week, the odds are good you'll find it here:
Online Video News
- Apparently Apple is now a front-runner to win the Hulu sweepstakes.
- Great interview with Ooyala's President of Products, Bismarck Lepe.
- A new study says people hate Netflix now as much as they hate Blockbuster. Oh, but they don't say anything about how many people were surveyed, so take it with a few hundred grains of salt.
Online Video Editorials & Opinions
- Regina Sinsky at Venture Beat thinks advertisers could help push live-streaming video into the maintstream.
- TechCrunch has a guest post about why television companies simply don't care about creating original web content.
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- Part 2 of our Social Video Blueprint series.
- Google acquired a Fridge to bolster Google Plus.
- Speaking of Google Plus... Dell would like to use Hangouts on their website for customer service.
- Video in Facebook comments?
- Cool... HTML5 now supported by Hotmail.
Gadgets, Tools, & Software
- I really want a Nexus S, but not bad enough to switch to AT&T
- 30% of people watch online videos using "emerging devices."
The Lighter Side Of Video News
- Lollapalooza & Austin City Limits will live-stream on YouTube.
- Here we go again... Rebecca Black's new song has grabbed 14 million views in one week.
I Leave You With...
If you love the Beastie Boys... or Sesame Street... you'll enjoy this video. If you love them both, then this will be the best thing you see all week:
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!