Each week we try to cover as much of the important online video news as we possibly can. It's not always easy, because as online video grows... the volume of news about online video grows as well. So every weekend we try to give you this recap of both the most popular ReelSEO articles and the news and opinion stories we weren't able to cover from the week in online video.
Online Video News
- 1/3 of YouTube's in-stream ads are now skippable. Cool!
- Are the TV networks giving up on web series?
- Netflix apparently wants nothing to do with buying Hulu.
- Speaking of Netflix... they've re-upped their deal with NBC.
Online Video Editorials & Opinions
- Econsultancy has some suggestions on best practices for online video.
- Allison Provost wrote at MediaPost that brands need to get over their viral video pipe dreams. (Not sure I agree completely, but it's a great piece).
- A Canada without YouTube?
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- We talked about how Google Plus is growing like a weed, but lacks the obvious feature of YouTube integration.
- We brought you Part One of our planned nine-part series on the Social Video Blueprint.
- Daisy Whitney's New Media Minute was all about how brands are boosting engagement with social video.
- Continuing the "social video theme," Grant shared an interview with our publisher, Mark Robertson, on how social video may eclipse video SEO for marketing purposes.
- Greg Jarboe gave us his thoughts on YouTube's Cosmic Panda experiment, and how it might just be a glimpse at the future of video marketing.
Gadgets, Tools, & Software
- Slingbox may try to solve the "TV-everywhere" problem.
- All Things Digital thinks the long-rumored and upcoming Apple TV could be big.
- Hulu Plus is coming to four of the newer Android phones.
The Lighter Side of Online Video
- Rebecca Black is back... with a new single tomorrow (Monday).
- Excellent interview and profile with the star and creator of My Drunk Kitchen YouTube web series.
- July's nominees for YouTube's On The Rise contest.
I Leave You With...
Do you like Star Wars? How about watching really good guitar players? If the answer to both questions is yes, then this video was practically created just for you:
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!