This week, you probably missed even more online video news stories than normal. But you'll be forgiven, since you were no doubt scrambling around getting all the details together for your killer Super Bowl party. And in just a few hours, that party will begin. But until then, you've still got time to catch up on the latest happenings in online video.
- Don't forget our free webinar with Brightcove coming up on how to use social media to market your videos.
- You can also grab our free ebook, The Social Video Blueprint, right over here.
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- A look at where things stand with HTML5 video.
- The Reel Web looked at "lean back viewers."
- Video is growing as an important tool in the employment process.
- The Wall Street Journal is starting a soft news YouTube channel.
- 6 new educational channels have launched as part of YouTube's original content push.
- Here's Christophor's review of Vzaar for business.
Online Video News
- Some good PBS content headed for Hulu. (Social Times)
- Netflix has a new tech partner that's promising to cut their streaming bandwidth in half. (Paid Content)
- Why YouTube is "channelizing." (Social Times)
- Vimeo's new series on the big ideas in tech. (GigaOm)
- 10 steps to becoming a successful video freelancer. (Ad Age)
- Huffington post bets on online video to the tune of $30 Million. (DigiDay)
- The United Breaks Guitars guy is now with a customer-service-oriented startup company. (Mashable)
Online Video Editorials & Opinions
- What does it mean when a Food Network executive jumps to run a YouTube channel? (ReelSEO)
- How will you know when social TV has arrived? (Lost Remote)
- Why tech innovation is taking a breather. (Paid Content)
Gadgets, Tools, Tips, & Softare
- LG is rolling with two connected-tv platforms. (ReelSEO)
- Tips for creating a web series for your business. (ReelSEO)
- Avid Studio comes to iPads. (ReelSEO)
- Boxee software support is gone, so we offer some alternatives. (ReelSEO)
- Keep a consistent posting schedule so readers know when to expect it. (ReelSEO)