This week went by incredibly fast, and if you're like me... you just couldn't get to everything you really wanted to do. These days, there's so much online video news, it can be hard to keep up with it all. Which is exactly why we created this weekly online video news round up column. Catch up on all the latest stories, opinions, and tips... all in one place.
Reel News You Might Have Missed
- Greg Jarboe talked a bit about the difficulty newspapers and old-school journalists have with making the transition to online video.
- This week's episode of The Reel Web teaches you how to dominate YouTube search.
- Christophor talked about how half of all mobile users shoot video once a week
- Chris took us on a deep dive into the YouTube Creator Playbook's advice about your video's first 15 seconds.
- Adobe Flash comes to iOS devices!!!
- You can now edit YouTube videos, right in YouTube, without losing the Video ID.
- Speaking of editing, we had an awesome feature on WeVideo's new cloud-based editing service.
- We wrapped up our 9-week Social Video Blueprint series with a checklist for social video success.
Free Webinar From ReelSEO & Brightcove!
- We definitely want to let you know about our free webinar coming up with Brightcove on social media's role in video marketing. It's absolutely free, but space is limited. Check it out.
Online Video News
- Exponential Interactive has acquired AdoTube. (Media Post)
- Ooyala's new social TV component enables video monetization on Facebook. (Streaming Media)
- Time Warner & Turner Broadcasting are beginning a series of "TV Everywhere" PSAs. (New York Times)
- Netflix thinks they'll be profitable in Mexico within 2 years. (Los Angeles Times)
- Facebook has no interest in getting into content creation. (Streaming Media)
- Microsoft plans Xbox TV launch this December? (Light Reading Cable)
Online Video Editorial & Opinion
- Is Google creating a new premium video content rental window? (Home Media Magazine)
- The Smart TV is not dead. (Advertising Age)
- 5 ways to boost holiday sales by unleashing your own video army. (Social Times)
- Pay TV risks being priced out of consumers' reach. (Fierce Online Video)
Gadgets, Tools, & Software
- Netflix has updated their Android app to work with all 2.2 and 2.3 devices. (ReelSEO)
- Orb Live brings Hulu to your Android phone. (GigaOm)
- Samsung TV app downloads approach 10 million (Cnet)
- This week's video producer tip is how to create an infinite white background. (ReelSEO)
- The Wall Street Journal's "WSJ Live" app is video heavy, and apparently pretty darn good. (VideoNuze)
The Lighter Side of Online Video
- Chris reviewed "Losses," the independent short film from Film Riot's Ryan Connolly. (ReelSEO)
- The NASCAR "Chase for the cup" is going to get a boost of online video options and coverage from Turner and ESPN. (Fierce Online Video)
- Hilarious safe-driving PSA (Social Times)
- Orcs Must Die has one of the coolest uses I've ever seen for YouTube Annotations. (ReelSEO)