WebTrends, a leading provider of web analytics and online marketing solutions, has introduced an innovative method of online tracking that uncovers visitor patterns and trends related to web site video across all major media formats.
Available exclusively in WebTrends Analytics, the video tracking capabilities generate real-time, actionable insight into online video use, providing marketers new ways to improve brand-awareness campaigns, track conversions and understand engagement and effectiveness.
"WebTrends video analytics is essential to the success of our business," said Todd Randak of WorldNow, which helps more than 350 local media companies build new businesses on the Internet through online technology, consulting and revenue programs. "WebTrends' detailed tracking and analysis offers our customers an unparalleled level of insight into consumer online video preferences."
WebTrends video tracking makes it possible for marketers to:
- Track visitor use with WebTrends rich media plug-in across all major video formats, including Flash, FLEX and Microsoft Silverlight.
- Track visitor use of Windows Media, Real Media, Apple Quicktime and embedded video files.
- Connect visitor interactions with online video to the actions they take afterwards.
- Follow daily viewing trends and statistics for all of their web videos, providing a vastly improved understanding of the effectiveness of their online media investments.
- Identify and optimize how and when audiences engage with online video.
- Integrate insight about video use with other online data.
- In conjunction with WebTrends Score™, determine which types of interactions appeal to their core audiences, as well as the relative value of visitors who view videos.
"To increase audience engagement, companies need to monitor their video stream, and be able to analyze how their online visitors experience and engage with video," said Alex Yoder, vice president of Sales, North America, WebTrends. "With WebTrends video tracking, marketers can create a more direct and honest relationship with their visitors, based on all of media and content that organizations now offer on their web sites."
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!