HTML5 video is Dead! Adobe's Flash reigns King! Kidding, of course. You should all know by now that HTML5 is the standard for delivering high-quality, cross-platform, rich content experiences. As video and mobile continue to grow exponentially, it's critical that we stay on top of the latest industry standards for HTML5 video.
I'm excited to announce that today, Wednesday, April 16th @ 11am PST, I will be hosting a free webinar about HTML5 video - and - I will be joined by two of the industry's most preeminent thought leaders on the subject, Sam Dutton, Developer Advocate for Google Chrome, and Jeroen Wijering, The "JW", of JWPlayer.com. Join us next week as we dive deep into the current state of HTML5 video, discuss and demonstrate future possibilities of HTML5 video, and answer your questions.
Join the webinar to learn what is possible with HTML5 today, and what will become available in the near future! Topics include:
- Current browser support for HTML5 Video – what works where?
- Video playback on mobile – pitfalls and best practices.
- Next-generation video codecs – VP9, H.265 and Daala.
- The Fullscreen API – how to offer a lean-back experience.
- Text Tracks & WebVTT -make your video accessible and interactive.
- New Streaming & Encrypted Media Extensions
I hope you'll join us next week. Keep in mind, this will be fairly technical in nature, as it's a webinar about HTML5 video. So, you've been forewarned. Register now because we have limited spots available and they're filling up fast.