VideoEgg is announcing an event called the Engagement Debat 08 where amonst other things, they will debate and discuss online video advertising measurements and analytics. Measuring online advertising effectiveness is crucial in establishing standards for online video monetization.
Sounds like a fun event and I wish that I could attend, but Im a bit far away from New York out here in sunny Newport Beach, CA. If anyone needs a friend to tag along, Im it ;-)
In any case, we will be sure to keep a close eye on this one and will report back to you.
Bringing together some of the most innovative media executives, digital marketers and thought leaders in advertising, the one-day forum will tackle the right and wrong way to create, measure and price engagement in a digital world.
Here are the details for the event:
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008, 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Followed by an evening of live music and a round of drinks on VideoEgg)
- Where: Hard Rock Café, Live Venue, Times Square – 1501 Broadway, New York
- Who: Brand marketers, media executives, advertising agency representatives, new media and traditional journalists, industry analysts, technology insiders
- Cost: $295 for an all-entry pass, including post-sparring cocktails
- For more information and to register for the event, visit the Engagement Debate 08 website
"The dialogue around how to best engage consumers online is building steam as marketers begin to establish best practices and industry standards," said Ian Schafer, CEO, Deep Focus, OMMA Media Planning Agency of the Year. "While there are many metrics advertisers and publishers use to gauge online ad effectiveness, it is for our industry's own good that we have a lively debate about which are best. VideoEgg's Engagement Debate 08 is going to be a thought-provoking day that will address the challenges and opportunities that all marketers now find themselves faced with," said Schafer, an Ad Age 2007 Media Maven.
Some of the many confirmed debaters and moderators include:
- Colleen DeCourcy, Chief Digital Officer, TBWA
- Rob Norman, Global Interaction CEO, GroupM
- Jean-Philippe Maheu, Chief Digital Officer, Ogilvy North America
- Adam Gerber, CMO, Quantcast
- Nada Stirratt, SVP, MTV Networks
- Abbey Klaassen, Digital Editor, Advertising Age
- Chris Albrecht, Columnist, GigaOM and NewTeeVee
- Quentin George, Chief Digital Officer, Universal McCann
- Chris George, VP of Client Solutions, Fox Interactive Media
In conjunction with Engagement Debate 08, VideoEgg has released a prospectus highlighting the insights of those fighting the battle to define digital marketing engagement.
Hosted by Rob Norman, Global Interaction CEO, GroupM, the no-holds-barred debate is sponsored by Quantcast and mediamath. Media sponsors are Advertising Age and GigaOM.
With the proliferation of online social environments and new means of content delivery, marketers are struggling to define measurability and accountability in ways they can use to drive campaigns—and demonstrate results to the bottom line. Engagement Debate 08, the second VideoEgg-hosted event in the past six months, will offer bold insights from people who are leading the industry on the essentials of engagement and how marketers can connect social audiences with their brands best.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!