The YouTube Creator Playbook is a goldmine for anyone looking to improve their video marketing efforts. It's jam-packed with tips, suggestions, and actionable advice on virtually every aspect of using YouTube. For this week's video producer tip from The Reel Web, we look at some of the best video SEO tips for YouTube from the Creator Playbook.
Video SEO Tips For YouTube
Here are 10 guaranteed ways to dominate YouTube search:
- "Likes" and "favorites" increase your video's ranking in search.
- Publishing content regularly will improve your ranking in the algorithm.
- More content will lead to more viewership and better rankings in the algorithms.
- With video titles: put keywords first, and branding at the end. But also make sure your titles are compelling to the viewer.
- Write good tags. Include tags that are common, but also some that are specific. Place the keywords you want to carry the most weight first. YouTube recommends writing 12 tags or more. Also, mirror the title of the video, using the same word order in tags.
- The algorithm favors comprehensive descriptions. Put your most compelling description information first. Include keywords in the descriptive text, as well as subscription links and links to your channel page.
- YouTube's search algorithm favors videos that drive traffic to other videos, playlists, channels, or subscriptions via linked annotations.
- Having your videos placed in playlists improves your content's ranking in the algorithm.
- Having a lot of video responses to your content also helps improve your search ranking.
- Respond to comments in the first few hours after your video is posted, because those viewers are your core audience. Building comments early also helps increase the video's ranking in search.
So there you go. 10 great video SEO tips for YouTube to help your videos rank better for search.
Tell us what you think..
Are you already following any of these SEO practices? Are there any tricks you're using that aren't included in the Creator Playbook's list?