Truveo, the leading video search engine, today announced that it is continuing its successful international expansion with the addition of international partners from China, Brazil, India, Turkey and the United Kingdom who have integrated the Truveo video search engine onto their websites. Traffic to Truveo's websites expanded dramatically after it launched 15 international sites late last year.
The Truveo video search engine is available through Truveo websites as well as through partners that use Truveo's open API to provide video search functions on third-party sites. The new international partners range from video sharing and social networking sites to Web and video portals. They include:
- Apnicommunity: http://videos.apnicommunity.com/video.html
- Izlesene http://www.izlesene.com
- OneIndia http://videos.oneindia.in/truveo_video_search.php
- PerfSpot: http://www.perfspot.com/video2
- WeShow http://www.weshow.com
"The success of Truveo and its API partners is a great example of AOL's focus and commitment to becoming more open and global," said Kevin Conroy, Executive Vice President of AOL.
"Even while we continue to see strong growth in video search overall, the growth in international video search continues to impress," said Pete Kocks, President of Truveo and Vice President of AOL. "With the addition of Apnicommunity, Izlesene, OneIndia, PerfSpot, WeShow and 6park we have dramatically increased our global reach."
"Today, having video and video search on a site is critical to attract users and keep them engaged," said Hart Cunningham, CEO, PerfSpot. "We have implemented Truveo to provide video search because they have the largest index, the most relevant content, a powerful, flexible and easy-to-implement API, and in the end, returned the best results."
Over the past year, through both partnerships and advanced visual Web crawling, Truveo continues to add a vast amount of international content.
Some of the sources of international content currently available in the Truveo video search engine include:
- Fairfax Digital and Sydney Morning Herald from Australia
- Videolog from Brazil
- 56.com, CCTV, Tudou and Sina.com from China
- Dailymotion, L'Equipe, Le Monde, France 24 and TF1 from France
- Berlin TV, Spiegel and ZDF from Germany
- NDTV, IBN Live and India Times from India
- @Nifty, Nico Video and TBS from Japan
- EuroNews, la Repubblica.it, RAI, and Corriere Della Sera from Italy
- MBC, Pandora.tv and Tagstory from Korea
- El Universal and Televisa from Mexico
- NOS, 123Video and RTL from the Netherlands
- 1tv.ru and Ochevidets from Russia
- El Mundo, Telecinco and digital+ from Spain
- Tawain Television from Taiwan
- CNN TÜRK and Hürriye from Turkey
- BBC, Daily Star, EuroNews, EuroSport, ITN, Skynews, The Sun, and UEFA in the United Kingdom
Partners using the Truveo APIs have access to the index of over 100 million videos which includes videos from all over the world in many different languages. Through the API, partners can choose if they want to restrict videos by language.