YouTube has released their top 10 ads for June. Samsung shows up twice on this list, thanks to collaborations with Usher and Jay-Z, and two Despicable Me 2-themed ads pop up here, which pretty much falls in line with that movie's 5-day monster holiday weekend. I was glad to see Dollar Shave Club make the list, since with just 2 ads in 2 years they've shown brands can succeed by taking unconventional approaches to advertising.
YouTube's Top Ten Ads for June 2013
10. Dollar Shave Club – "Let's Talk About #2″ (Dollar Shave Club) View count: 1.1 million.
9. Nike Basketball & Lebron James (Nike). View count: 1.3 million.
8. Show Your Pride, Share Your Love (YouTube). View count: 2.3 million.
7. Dell Tablet vs. ipad (Windows) View count: 2.6 million.
6. Playstation: Greatness Awaits (Sony). View count: 3.4 million.
5. Pepsi Max & Dynamo present "Bus Levitation." (Pepsi). View count: 3.6 million.
4. Evil Minion Animation Test (Despicable Me 2: Illumination Entertainment). View count: 4.6 million.
3. Cheetos Mix-Ups & Despicable Me 2 (Cheetos). View count: 6 million.
2. "One to Many" – Jay Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" (Samsung). View count: 19 million.
1. Usher's Looking 4 Myself (Samsung). View count: 48 million.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!