I've gone further this week and split the Sunday News Reel into two pieces. This External Edition will focus on news out in the world that we didn't write about here at ReelSEO. We'll probably never catch everything, so if we miss something, drop us a link in comments. Meanwhile, the Reel Edition will focus on big news here at ReelSEO which you might have missed. So let's roll.
- Brightroll Rolls Mobile & ONline Video Purchasing into One – New Offering Gives Advertisers Access to Massive Mobile Video Ad Inventory From a Single Platform With the Targeting, Optimization and Ease of Buying Online Video Ads
- Video Egg Changes to Say Media After Acquisition of Six Apart – Ad network VideoEgg announced today it will buy marketing and blogger network Six Apart to create a combined media company dubbed Say Media.
- AdoTube Makes Pre-roll video ads polite – AdoTube unveils the Polite Pre-Roll, perfect for short-form videos, the format adds interactivity to standard Pre-Rolls, giving viewers the choice of when to watch an advertisement.
- Pace Lattin speaks out against alleged extortion attempts – In an oddly worded illeistic (talking about yourself in the third-person) article, Pace Lattin, whose written English is excruciating for me to read at times, fights back against alleged extortionists trying to quiet his criticism of online video ad fraud. I would think that if an FBI investigation were ongoing, they would prohibit him from publicly discussing it.
- Innovid Video Ad Startup Pockets $4M – Right, we need yet another pre-roll ad network. It adds interactivity to the ads, which just about everyone is doing these days.
- Netmining Expands Targeting to Video Ads – Now better able to target the audience of your video ads via service.
- Google says Mobile Video moving toward short-form – While they talked more about display and search ads and tech in this article, they do touch on mobile video and advertising in it.
- Mobile Video Advertising is Irrelevant says Tod Sacerdoti – He even believes that it will be removed altogether one day and rolled into online video as it is really just tying the ads to a device.
- Buongiorno launches mobile ad network – lets brands target mobile users by their operator, operating system or handset. Uses CPC and CPM
- NetFlix in Canada - They will now determine the fate of Netflix Internationally.
- Apple TV Splitting Networks over pricing – Some say 99 cents too small, others OK with it.
- New Flip Cameras with external extensions
Other Video News
- SpeakerText comes out of beta – Creates interactive transcripts for videos.
- Blockbuster Files Chapter 11 No surprise considering they're peddling hard copy when we all want digital delivery.
- Netflix Continues to Squeeze Hulu Plus – Signs major content deal to stream NBC-universal content. Are Hulu's parents getting a divorce?
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!