- The number of online videos delivered through professionally-branded sites grew by over 50% in 2007 to 33.5 billion streams, according to Accustream iMedia Research.
- On professional, non-user-generated sites, entertainment content surpassed music as the top category, garnering 26.8% of views.
- News and information was the second most-viewed category with 21.4% of views, music had 20.8% and television (including long-form TV shows) came in at 13.8% of views.
- Pent-up consumer demand for premium broadcast network programs was apparent. Online TV views grew 148.9%
- Music and movie trailer views on professional sites both declined in 2007, 10.9% and 16.2% respectively. Accustream said that overall views in these categories were not declining, but were instead being viewed more often on user-generated sites.
- Reflecting increased competition and expansion of the online video market, average views per unique user dropped to 6.14 videos per month, compared with 9.7 in 2006.
SEE ALSO Related Stories ▼