The Streamy Awards main event is on February 17, but there are already some content creators who have won big. Yesterday, the Streamys handed out awards for various categories, and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn came away a huge winner with 3 awards, as did Epic Rap Battles. There are still many huge ones up for grabs, including, of course, the audience choice awards. But for now, the Streamys have given a bit of an appetizer before the main course, so let's take a look at all the lucky winners and what categories for which they took a Streamy home.
Early Winners of the 3rd Annual Streamys
took home three awards, including Best Editing, Cinematography, and Production Design.
Some other big awards and their winners:
Stewart Hendler, H+ The Digital Series
Brought to us by Warner Bros. and Bryan Singer, H+ The Digital Series has been going strong for six months and now has an episode total of 48, 10 million views, and a Streamy for Best Direction. Here's Episode 1 of H+:
Best Writing: Comedy
Bernie Su, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
Su beat out stiff competition from the likes of Peter and Lloyd from Epic Rap Battles, The Fine Bros., Spencer Grove of The Annoying Orange, and none other than the queen of all digital space, Felicia Day from The Guild for the comedy writing award. This is a big win for the freshman series which started in April of last year. Here's episode 1 of Lizzie Bennet:
Best Writing: Drama
Tony Valenzuela, Black Box TV
Valenzuela won for his work on the sci-fi/horror channel Black Box TV. Here's an episode of "Silverwood" that he wrote:
Best Original Song
Peter Shukoff, Lloyd Ahlquist, “Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates”, Epic Rap Battles of History
It wouldn't be the only one as Epic Rap Battles took home the Streamy for this classic episode in their arsenal (some bad language):
Best Branded Entertainment Series:
One of the things I think brands should do more of: create web series. Hiscox Insurance is behind Leap Year, a web series which arrived with loads of acclaim. Here's Episode 1 of Season 2:
[Video removed from YouTube]
Best DIY or How-to Series:
This dance series features interviews and lessons. Here's a trailer:
Other early winners:
- Ken Jeong won for Best Guest Appearance on the "Bachelor" spoof "Burning Love" on Yahoo.
- Red Bull Stratos took Best Live Event with the Felix Baumgartner jump.
- The Fine Bros. popular series "Kids React" won for Best Non-Fiction or Reality Series.
- Epic Rap Battles won two more for Best Music Series and Best Use of Fashion and Design.
- Travel Story won Best International Series
- Best Derivative Series went to The Walking Dead: Cold Storage
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries took home another award with Best Interactive Series
- DRONE won Best Visual Effects
- Lindsey Stirling was awarded Best Choreography
Congrats to all the winners, and even more Streamys will be won on February 17!