So I will be away at CES next week (if you are going, drop me an email to meet up) and I have been putting some predictions together on what would be shown and one of those was an explosion of new species in the Google TV arena. Lo' and behold, the Google TV itself confirmed my suspicions. I love it when a plan comes together!
Who is rounding up Google TV's A-Team? Check this list of what they have got going on and what I will definitely be sneak peeking next week:
- LG – LG will showcase a new line of TVs powered by Google TV running on their own L9 chipset at CES.
- Marvell – Marvell will be showcasing a new generation of Google TV solutions which will help bring more products across more price points to consumers.
- MediaTek – MediaTek chipsets will power yet another wave of Google TV devices.
- Samsung – Samsung will bring Google-TV powered devices to market in 2012.
- Sony – At CES, Sony will unveil new devices for the US and plans to offer Google TV powered products in several countries around the world in 2012.
- Vizio – Vizio will hold private demos at CES showcasing their new line of Google TV-powered products. (Yes, I've booked an appointment!)
So all in all, four TV makers and two chip makers. The only company missing from that list which I thought might be there is…nope, no one. That was my expected TV maker list actually.
Some other news slipped out today as well including the fact that there are now more than 150 apps which developers have specifically built for TV with thousands more Android apps from the mobile world available to deepen your living room TV experience.
Now all I need to do, is get an actual Google TV device so I can play with all the cool, new stuff they have got doing. I suppose I'll have to go set-top box as I can't really plug Google TV software into my Optoma projector, unfortunately.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!