The paidContent Mobile 2011 conference is fast approaching, and we wanted to take a minute to let you know about the event. Held May 18 in New York City, the conference will feature some heavy hitters in the online media space, and a lineup jam-packed with sessions that cover everything from mobile advertising to location services. Oh, and mobile video will be a featured topic as well.
paidContent Mobile 2011 Conference Details
Mobile 2011 will be held at the Metropolitan Pavilion, a cutting edge venue with some eye-popping meeting spaces. The day-long conference event will occupy the Metropolitan Suite, which looks like this:
Mobile is a rapidly expanding and evolving space, and the event aims to cover a wide variety of topics, such as:
- Does the need to replicate across platforms stifle creativity?
- How do platforms translate globally? What should we be paying more attention to outside the U.S. and Canada?
- How are content creators meeting the differing user needs – and the challenges of portability?
- Are apps replacing the browser – or proving the case for it?
- How are location-based services changing the role mobile plays in commerce?
- How is mobile advertising taking advantage of the changes – and are Google and Apple making the most of the opportunity?
- The quality of mobile video is getting better and the choices are growing just as carriers start to tamp down on data usage.
Speakers & Sessions
The first thing most folks want to know about a conference is who the speakers will be. paidContent has lined up some fantastic leaders in the mobile industry to lead the discussions. Among them:
- Bob Bowman, CEO of Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB's interactive media arm)
- Chrystia Freeland, Editor of Thompson Reuters Digital
- Evan Harrison, Former President of Digital & EVP, Clear Channel Radio
- Fran Hauser, President of Digital, Style & Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, Time Inc.
- Ben Jones, Vice President of Mobile, Zynga (Farmville)
- Peter Vesterbacka, Mighty Eagle, Rovio (Angry Birds)
After the speakers list, most attendees are interested in the specific sessions that are planned. Among this year's:
- Connected Devices in the Tablet Age
- Too Many Choices? - Discussing the ever-expanding options in mobile platforms, operating systems, and carriers.
- Mobile Advertising: Answers Or Just More Questions?
- Going Global: Translating Success Across Virtual Borders
- Mapping The Real Value of Location Services
Of course, the most interesting session for me is the one scheduled for 3:30pm. It's called "Mobile Video: Do We Have The Bandwidth?" The talk will center on the bandwidth challenges faced as advertisers and content creators reach more and more viewers via mobile devices.
Register With The ReelSEO Discount Code
Registration is only $650. That's a pretty fantastic price considering some of the heavy hitters that will be speaking and mingling at the conference. However, we can make it even cheaper for you, by virtue of our media partner status.
Just enter the discount code "REELSEO" on checkout, and you'll save 15%---that means your ticket price goes down to $552.50.
Everything's going mobile, and doing so in a hurry. The paidContent Mobile 2011 conference is an excellent chance to catch up on all that's been happening in recent months, as well as where mobile might be headed in the very near future. Hope to see you there!