Just over a week ago, YouTube completely and radically changed their layout and overall site design. But if you thought the big changes and announcements were done for a while, you were wrong, because YouTube spent this week pushing out several more changes like a brand new Video Manager, new premium content channels, and the acquisition of a new music licensing service. Of course, there were plenty of big non-YouTube stories this week as well. And we've got them all right here in our Online Video News Round Up.
Free Ebook From Nalts & ReelSEO
If you're a business looking for practical tips for getting started with online video, check out the free ebook from Nalts and ReelSEO called Online Video 101: Small Business. You can get it for free right here!
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- What does the new YouTube design mean for you?
- Online video ads are skyrocketing.
- Verizon and Redbox may try to take on Netflix.
- YouTube Video Manager is all new and improved.
- Rick Perry probably doesn't fully understand online video.
- Speaking of Netflix, would you watch it on Facebook?
- How to set up your channel in the new YouTube design.
- The Orabrush YouTube marketing story.
- Nielsen to start measuring online video?
- Machinima gets tons of monthly YouTube views.
- The latest original content channel from YouTube is for women.
Online Video News
- Don't be surprised that Verizon is thinking of joining with Redbox for an online video service–they already nearly bought Hulu. (Feirce Online Video)
- Online Video Viewing passes 50% of total U.S. population. (eMarketer)
- Netflix considers HBO their main rival. (New York Times)
- Facebook not so popular yet in UK for video. (Paid Content)
Online Video Editorial & Opinion
- Fighting for the future of Internet TV. (Kless Blog)
- Eric Schmidt says you'll own a Google TV sooner or later. (All Things Digital)
- Cord-cutting is easier said than done. (Streaming Media)
Gadgets, Tools, Tips, & Software
- What camera should you buy for Christmas? Nalts has you covered. (Will Video For Food)
- Sony Bravia TVs are about to get social. (ReelSEO)
- Make a good first impression on your YouTube channel. (YouTube)
- A new Xbox dashboard has arrived. (ReelSEO)
The Lighter Side Of Online Video
- Old Milwaukee's new video ad campaign has almost everything it needs. (ReelSEO)
- A comedian using YouTube to help promote his live shows. (ReelSEO)
- Old Spice Man is back, just in time for Christmas. (ReelSEO)
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!