Last week saw an unusual amount of big online video news stories. Google Plus integrated YouTube (finally!), and then rolled out Google Plus Pages for businesses and brands--they're also using Google Plus relationships to power video suggestions on the YouTube home page. YouTube announced a partnership with Disney, Canon & RED released new cameras, & Adobe abandoned Flash for mobile devices.
For more on these and the other important online video news stories from the past week, read on:
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- Google Plus has added YouTube integration (sweet!).
- Google Plus is now also open to businesses.
- But no contests are allowed on Google Plus business pages!
- YouTube is now also showing suggested videos watched or made by your Google Plus friends.
- YouTube & Disney to team up on original content.
- The Vimeo Music Store is a pretty great idea.
- Creating YouTube Playlists to curate content and highlight your own videos.
- Abode is giving up on Flash for mobile devices.
- The Canon C300 or the RED Scarlet-X? Which would you choose?
Online Video News
- TV Brands were among the first to set up their Google Plus Pages. (Lost Remote)
- Search still refers more video views than any other source. (ReelSEO)
- Yahoo's going to make a "political reality show for the web" during the presidential election season. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Game Consoles are the main source of online video views on TVs. (ReelSEO)
- MGM & Netflix make a content deal for the UK. (Engadget)
- VEVO is rolling out "social video rooms." (Lost Remote)
Online Video Editorial & Opinion
- Will Netflix be successful in Latin America? (Fierce Online Video)
- Greg Jarboe wonders if the latest Google Panda update actually improved things for YouTube rankings. (ReelSEO)
- Online video ads less effective on young viewers? (Social Times)
- Nalts wonders if you want young viewers, or responsive ones. (Nalts)
- Transform your owned media into a content network. (Media Post)
- Relationships are the key to video marketing. (ReelSEO)
Gadgets, Tools, Tips, & Software
- Netflix will come pre-installed on the new Nook from Barnes & Noble. (Home Media Magazine)
- My review of Camtasia Studio 7 screencasting and video editing software. (ReelSEO)
- Why you need a Mattebox. (Filmmaker IQ)
- How your lens choice affects your video subject's appearance. (No Film School)
- How to run a successful online video contest. (ReelSEO)
The Lighter Side Of Online Video
- Martha Stewart visited YouTube. (YouTube)
- Americans think online video is getting to naughty. (Social Times)
- Don't miss any of the week's best viral videos. (ReelSEO)
- Tweet TV is a "social tv guide." (Lost Remote)
- What kind of hair drier does Chewbacca need? (ReelSEO)
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!