Last week saw an unusual amount of big online video news stories. Google Plus integrated YouTube (finally!), and then rolled out Google Plus Pages for businesses and brands–they're also using Google Plus relationships to power video suggestions on the YouTube home page. YouTube announced a partnership with Disney, Canon & RED released new cameras, & Adobe abandoned Flash for mobile devices.
For more on these and the other important online video news stories from the past week, read on:
Reel Stories You Might Have Missed
- Google Plus has added YouTube integration (sweet!).
- Google Plus is now also open to businesses.
- But no contests are allowed on Google Plus business pages!
- YouTube is now also showing suggested videos watched or made by your Google Plus friends.
- YouTube & Disney to team up on original content.
- The Vimeo Music Store is a pretty great idea.
- Creating YouTube Playlists to curate content and highlight your own videos.
- Abode is giving up on Flash for mobile devices.
- The Canon C300 or the RED Scarlet-X? Which would you choose?
Online Video News
- TV Brands were among the first to set up their Google Plus Pages. (Lost Remote)
- Search still refers more video views than any other source. (ReelSEO)
- Yahoo's going to make a "political reality show for the web" during the presidential election season. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Game Consoles are the main source of online video views on TVs. (ReelSEO)
- MGM & Netflix make a content deal for the UK. (Engadget)
- VEVO is rolling out "social video rooms." (Lost Remote)
Online Video Editorial & Opinion
- Will Netflix be successful in Latin America? (Fierce Online Video)
- Greg Jarboe wonders if the latest Google Panda update actually improved things for YouTube rankings. (ReelSEO)
- Online video ads less effective on young viewers? (Social Times)
- Nalts wonders if you want young viewers, or responsive ones. (Nalts)
- Transform your owned media into a content network. (Media Post)
- Relationships are the key to video marketing. (ReelSEO)
Gadgets, Tools, Tips, & Software
- Netflix will come pre-installed on the new Nook from Barnes & Noble. (Home Media Magazine)
- My review of Camtasia Studio 7 screencasting and video editing software. (ReelSEO)
- Why you need a Mattebox. (Filmmaker IQ)
- How your lens choice affects your video subject's appearance. (No Film School)
- How to run a successful online video contest. (ReelSEO)
The Lighter Side Of Online Video
- Martha Stewart visited YouTube. (YouTube)
- Americans think online video is getting to naughty. (Social Times)
- Don't miss any of the week's best viral videos. (ReelSEO)
- Tweet TV is a "social tv guide." (Lost Remote)
- What kind of hair drier does Chewbacca need? (ReelSEO)
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!