Hurrah, there looks like there's going to be a goodie-bag of new features coming very soon from YouTube, specifically for video creators. The site wants to allow for more transparency and is allowing a little light on on its magic ahead of time. In a video released yesterday, Matt Glotzbach, Product Management Director for Creators, confirmed that they have several new features in development, and want feedback from creators on there viability. These include:
- A Mobile app for Creators.
- Direct-to-creator fan funding on YouTube to increase monetization opportunities.
- Crowd-source captions (!!!!).
- The ability to monetize mash-up videos and covers.
- Royalty-free sound effects in the Audio Library.
Take a look at the news from the site:
As well as the forthcoming features, YouTube confirms that it's also rolled out the following:
- Improved comment management: http://youtube.com/comments
- Check out the Creator Academy: http://goo.gl/W4AhnN
- More tracks in the Audio Library: http://youtube.com/audiolibrary
- Cover artists can now share in revenue from eligible cover song videos: http://goo.gl/WlD2Es
YouTube wants feedback from creators – so fire away! We'll be covering each of the new developments in depth over the coming weeks.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!