I found a cool new site for sending ecards online. The site lets you customize online video cards and send, share, or embed them. The site, RattleBox, is currently in Beta. Their tagline is fun, "e-cards that don't suck"
Here is a sample birthday card that I created in a few seconds:
Creating and sharing an online video card is easy:
Go to Rattlebox.com.
- Select a category and click on the videos to choose one for your card. A word of advice: some of the videos have some risque material, so choose carefully.
- Click "Send This eCard Now." Enter the text you want to be displayed in the video. This will replace any default text that you may have seen when you viewed the video for the first time.
- Click on "Preview & Share." It may take a few minutes for your card to be generated. Your card will play automatically once it is finished.
- Click "E-mail my eCard." The site also gives you the ability to copy the URL of your card or to post it to a MySpace or Facebook profile with an embed code.
- Enter your name and e-mail address and the name and e-mail address of the person you want to send the card to and click "Send it Now." The eCard will display your name and e-mail address as the sender so it doesn't look like spam
Rattlebox, provider of alternative, customizable video e-cards, today announced the availability of its holiday and New Year's video card collection with e-cards from the outrageous to the uplifting. The extensive collection of Rattlebox holiday cards is available for free at http://www.rattlebox.com/holidays.
Rattlebox is filling the void for those who wouldn't be caught dead sending out traditional cards for the holidays. Boasting original and vintage professional film content ranging from off-beat and raunchy to sentimental and sweet, there's a Rattlebox card for everyone on the list. Some popular holiday cards include: "Have a Trippy Christmas," "Jiggle All the Way" and "New Year's Resolution: Don't Be a Pushover."
"We selected, developed and edited each holiday video card meticulously and created a mini-movie look and feel that's far superior to other e-cards online today," said Nancy Miller Gomez, co-founder and co-CEO for Rattlebox. "Our years of experience producing film and television combined with truly unique holiday content make Rattlebox a hit for people for who want to make a statement with their seasonal greetings this year."
Each card comes with a catchy, witty message that is completely customizable, so you can send a card as is or change the text to anything imaginable. If you like a Christmas card but want to send it as a New Year's card, simply type a new message into the text fields as the card is created. Send Rattlebox cards out via email, post them on blogs and social networking sites or send via IM.
About Rattlebox Video Cards:
- Send unlimited cards for free
- Change all or some text to customize the card
- Embed video cards on social networking sites, blogs, etc.
- Themes include:
- Birthdays, Love/Dating, Insults, Congrats, Holidays, Anniversary, Thanks, Feel Better and Invites
- Sendable from any PC or Mac
- Compatible with all major browsers About Rattlebox
Rattlebox was created to fill the void for people who wouldn't send out traditional e-cards. Rattlebox provides a truly unique communication tool unlike anything else currently available online. Users can custom-make video e-cards or choose from the existing collection. Rattlebox cards can be posted on blogs and social networking sites, and sent via email and IM. To check out Rattlebox's free e-cards, visit http://www.rattlebox.com/.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!