The open-source online video platform Kaltura is hosting a webinar on their new program Kaltura Exchange, which they are touting as a "global marketplace for publishers, developers, technology companies, and service providers to share and trade in video applications and services connected to the Kaltura platform." I recently interviewed Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura's Chair, Co-Founder and CEO, at the NAB Show in Las Vegas, where he shared more about their new Exchange program.
What is the Kaltura Exchange?
Kaltura is touting their Exchange program as "the first of its kind in the video space," which connects online video application providers to publishers looking to expand their use of Kaltura. The Exchange section on the Kaltura website includes:
- Applications, and;
- Solutions at all layers of the video stack, including ingestion, transcoding, management, metadata extraction, SEO, publishing, monetization and analytics.
Kaltura says on their website that their open-source video framework has made the video application development life-cycle extremely easy and cost-effective.
"The simple-to-use marketplace allows publishers to find new apps and services to enhance their video experience, and developers and unique service providers can promote and generate revenue from their apps, services, and expertise. Many applications are available for free, and include the source code, and developers can also choose to charge service fees and license terms where relevant.”
The Kaltura Exchange Webinar
Time: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 AM Eastern
What to expect:
- For publishers: hear from several app developers about cool video apps that they are promoting on the Exchange
- For developers and service providers: learn about how to develop your own apps, and market them on the Exchange
- Dr. Shay David, Kaltura VP Community and Business Development, will give a short overview of the vision of the Kaltura Exchange
- Zohar Babin, Kaltura Community Manager, will review how to create and submit a video app to the Exchange
- CJ Johnson, 3Play Media Co-Founder and Director of Product & Technology, will present the 3Play Media app, and lessons learned
- Mark Rotblat, TubeMogul VP of Business Development, will present the TubeMogul video application
Special thanks to Kaltura for sponsoring my trip to the NAB Show.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!