Brands Using iPads In Stores
There are a number of brands and retailers integrating iPads into their brand experience:
- To better connect online and in-store shopping, Sears is introducing iPads and iTouches to 450 Sears and Kmart stores around the country. Both employees and consumers can use the mobile devices to check inventory, order items online, and look up product information.
- Puma is also using iPads as kiosks to allow customers to build and order custom sneakers.
- Burberry has also used the iPad in stores to let customers order new clothes that are shown during new clothing line introductions.
Retail & Shopper Startups To Watch
There are also four companies in the shopper marketing area to keep an eye on:
- Zazum - let's you quickly find things you want to buy that you've seen on TV and in the movies.
- ChoozOn - a service that help aggregate and sift through all the daily deals and online coupons to find the ones most relevant to you.
- Steelhouse - technology that helps websites present tailored, real-time offers to the shoppers on those sites.
- Nearbuy - lets brands deliver personalized info to shoppers who are actually in a particular store.