I just got the scoop on Mixpo's new Frameworks from Walter Harp and he tells me there's some interesting things going on with them in the near future as well. Frameworks basically offer you a set of pre-made interactive layer formats to help advertisers easily implement interactivity in a variety of ways. They are customizable video ad components that enable advertisers to easily overlay rich interactivity, which can be personalized in real-time based on audience, and yield detailed performance data and insights.
Mixpo Frameworks For Interactive Online Video
The Mixpo Frameworks are similar to some other products we have seen in regards to interactive overlays but the interesting part is that I'm told there is a team of engineers working in the background to take these Flash-heavy interactive overlay products, and turn them into HTML5. Methinks they need to look into the Adobe Edge product I talked about earlier this year, which is now in public preview. But I think what Mixpo is doing is semi-automating the process so the ads run in both Flash and HTML5.
The Mixpo Frameworks come in a variety of styles:
- The Bug - This Framework provides a subtle, yet powerful message by placing a branded overlay in the corner of your video content. The Bug pauses the video upon user interaction and expands to a large screen where you can add additional content, product information, links to webpages and resources, polls—your imagination is the limit. Demo
- The Badge - Similar to the Bug, a polite overlay that on user interaction pauses the video and expands into a robust, multi–screen interactive experience. Whether you want to increase brand awareness, consideration, or purchase intent, the badge provides a clean and limitless way to achieve results. Demo
- The Bar - A clean overlay that runs along the bottom of your video ad. Add interactive elements and dynamically personalized content within the overlay itself to increase relevance. For retailers, this is a great way to showcase product recommendations or provide store information for the closest location. Demo
- Ad Options - Like many other polite pre-roll solutions it offers several videos that the viewer can choose from or can even offer an alternative to seeing an ad, like taking a survey. Demo
- Video Gallery - Showcase multiple video assets within one ad with Video Gallery, which provides the viewer with a selection of videos to view in addition to the video ad itself. Offer multiple movie clips, demo videos, tune–in topicals, or product reviews.
- Canvas - Our Canvas Framework is designed to provide additional space around the video for limitless creative use. Like all of our frameworks, branded messaging, interactive elements, and dynamically personalized content can be added throughout for maximum performance. Demo
- Ad Brackets - This Framework provides you with a chance to add promotional messaging at the beginning and end of your video ad. Include a sponsorship message or other content at the beginning and/or interactive, personalized content at the end to extend the viewer's video ad experience. Demo - Sort of cool as it wraps the video and pre-rolls with a branding message that doesn't last that long. Could even be used for video that has paid sponsorship instead of actual ads during the video.
The Mixpo Frameworks offers:
- Quick-start templates aimed at specific verticals (like politics which is going to be massive and probably annoying next year)
- Personalization based on location, gender, age, and interest, offer
- Real-time reporting for each overlay element (cool!)
- Quantitative impact awareness, perception and intent (I'll have to get more on that)
- Automatic Testing and optimization (This is something that everyone needs but not everyone offers. The fact that Mixpo does shows they really understand how to get the best results in the campaigns).
- Flash and HTML5 (I will get with them for more details on this)
I'm working on an interview with Walter Harp from Mixpo to get more details on some of these things which I will hopefully have in the next week or so.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!