This week on the Reel Web we cover a story about a patent that Google recently updated about a marketplace for Google TV. The Google TV Marketplace will feature channel apps, possibly from YouTube, and may even be bundled together as a network for a premium fee. We share some of the implications of this for video creators like us.
Also, Roku has a new little device out that plugs into your TV and instantly turns a dumb TV into a smart TV, YouTube talks about views and how not to get them, we talk with Jim Louderback of Revision3 about the viewer experience on tablets, and we also give you an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour at the Michinima offices.
- GOOGLE TV TO GET CHANNEL MARKETPLACE TO COMPETE WITH CABLE PROVIDERS?
- THE ROKU STREAMING STICK MAKES A REGULAR TV A SMART TV
- YOUTUBE VIEWS AND 3RD PARTY SERVICES
- MACHINIMA OFFICE TOUR
- TABLETS, MAGAZINES AND VIDEO VIEWING WITH JIM LOUDERBACK
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE RSS FEED
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST!
The Reel Web is a weekly show that highlights the news from the online video world every Monday here on YouTube and at reelseo.com.