We talked about Google Glass before, when the search giant unleashed this awesome Google Hangout of the video glasses in action. Of course, the whole thing was to show how awesome they were, and in true Cartman fashion in that episode of "South Park" where he has the money to buy a carnival, Google basically said, "But no one can buy them!" Well, a few lucky people at the Hangout could. But then, we didn't hear anything. Until today. While the rules for getting them are still selective, it looks like they're getting closer to being made available to a wider audience.
Google Glass: Prove to Google That You're Serious
Here's the fun video where it looks like everyone in the world will get to use these glasses just as soon as they find the nearest Best Buy that sells them:
But you have to be bold to get these glasses right now. Using Google+ or Twitter, and using the hashtag #ifihadglass, you need to tell your story:
- Your application must be 50 words or less
- You must include #ifihadglass in your application
- You can include up to 5 photos with your application
- You can include a short video (15 secs max)
- Be sure to follow them on Google+ (+ProjectGlass) or Twitter (@projectglass) so that they can contact you directly
- You must be at least 18 years old and live in the U.S. to apply
- For more details, please see their full Terms and FAQ
So if you want to get your hands on these, give them a good story. Something that would look awesome if you only has a way to give them a first-person walk-through. Make them curious. Use bold strokes.
And then maybe, one day, we can actually just go buy them. That would be great.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!