Kaltura, an open-source video publishing platform, just launched an open source video module for Drupal, a leading open source Content Management Platform used by more than a million sites. This new module, dubbed, "Kaltura's All in One" enables Drupal site-builders to easily add video and rich-media functionality to their Drupal sites.
The module is comes with 10GB of free hosting and streaming that can be later upgraded. It was designed specifically for Drupal and seamlessly integrates with several key Drupal features and modules, including CCK, Views, cron, tags and taxonomy, and user permissions. The module is currently compatible with Drupal 6 (a Drupal 5 compatible version will be available soon).
Kaltura's open source video platform is one of the fastest growing online video solutions on the market and was recently named one of the top 5 online video startups to watch in 2009 by TVWeek's Daisy Whitney. According to Kaltura, they have seen tremendous growth over the past couple of months, with more than 15,000 publishers using the technology, and hundreds more joining every day.
"The Kaltura Drupal module is the perfect solution for integrators and site builders to easily add advanced integrated rich media functionality to their sites. It is also another great example of how our open source development platform can be used by the community to create integrated rich media extensions for other platforms. We invite providers of other platforms to add to our arsenal of open source video solutions, including extensions for MediaWiki, WordPress, and Drupal, and build their own rich media extensions using our flexible, available, and free development tools.”- said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Chairman and CEO.
- Enables easy uploading of video, image and audio files from the computer, recording from a webcam, or importing from popular sources like YouTube, MySpace, and Flickr
- Enables customization of video players, playlists, and rich media galleries
- Enables web-based video editing, remixing, and annotation
- Enables real-time content and application management, including permissions settings integrated with the Drupal permissions settings, statistics, and reporting
- Offers full integration with Drupal Views, including a gallery of predefined views
- Offers full integration with Drupal tags
- Includes CCK field representation of rich media
- All metadata is stored locally; each media file is created as a Drupal Video Node
- Content is hosted by Kaltura and streamed from Kaltura's CDN