Create Customized Interactive Video With Asterpix Pro
Web-Based Tool Allows Businesses to Add Hyperlinks in Video to Create an Interactive User Experience
Less than two months after launching the consumer offering, Asterpix today announced the release of , the first web-based application that lets users easily create customized interactive videos with their own hyperlinks, hotspots, company logo and icon link.
In the same way that hypertext turns words into clickable links allowing readers to navigate to other pages, documents and sites, the Asterpixtechnology allows objects in videos — people, cars, animals, buildings — to become hyperlinks, even as they move around in scenes and throughout the video. Viewers click on these links, or "hot spots" — which Asterpix identifies with a configurable marker such as a flashing circle or dotted rectangle — to navigate the video and get more information on objects of interest, much like hyperlinks in text pages.
Asterpix Pro is web-based, requiring no desktop software installation or offline production services. Asterpix supports PC and Mac as well as the following browsers — Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari — allowing users to easily convert any existing video into interactive video. In addition, users may host their videos thereby ensuring higher quality in comparison to free video sharing sites.
"We spent the last 18 months searching for a partner that could provide the type of interactive video functionality that we required for our Video Infusion product — Asterpix is that partner," said Jeff Muir, CEO of MDSI/Merchant Development Systems, Inc. "We can now provide our clients a stable, secure platform for product promotion and sales from any commercial, video promotion, movie trailer — really any video medium. Viewers can watch video on the viewclickbuy platform and when they see something they want, they click on the item and the purchase is completed without leaving the page. The pay-per-click business model just became entertaining and interactive with immediately measurable results.”
Asterpix Pro features include:
- Convert your own hosted videos into interactive videos
- Create clickable hotspots from any object in the video
- Hotspots automatically track objects as they move around
- Create links from hotspots directly to other videos within the same player
- Easy to use (”point & shoot”) interface
- Real-time authoring application accessible via standard browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)
- No software downloads or installations needed
- Control hostpot content and duration
- Select hotspot marker per video from 5 pre-defined style options
- Allow multiple users to collaborate in creating hotspots
- Track view & click statistics for videos and individual hotspots
- Customize the player with your logo
- Easily embed player into websites
- Control content of website via player interaction
- Link into video hotspots from other links on page
To see a demo of how businesses could use hypervideos, please click on the 'Demo' tab at.
"With our consumer offering, we were interested in bringing interactive video to the masses, allowing anyone to upload a video and begin creating hotspots for free without having to download or install software," said Nat Kausik, Asterpix CEO. "With Asterpix Pro, we set out to fulfill a demand for customizable interactive videos that could allow business users looking for a more customized experience to create interactive videos hosted on their own websites with added features, increased business benefits and more robust reporting statistics.”
Pricing for Asterpix Pro starts at five cents per click or two cents per view with volume discounts. With this offering, Asterpix is also launching a partner program. For more information about reselling or distributing Asterpix Pro, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.