Product demonstration videos are a great way to show how your product works and how amazing they are. But you want to give a presentation that is professional, real, honest, and to the point but not so fast that people don't understand. It can be a tricky balance, but you want people to not only watch the video but become customers after. So, here are 6 simple tips to follow that will help you earn their trust and want to buy from you.
6 Tips for Your Product Demonstration Video
1. Be Real. You're not just selling the product, you're selling yourself. Be an authentic person. Smile. Be engaging, so that you build that human connection.
2. Be Simple. Don't intimidate the viewer by using a lot of fancy words. Remember that people don't know the product like you do: talk to them like they've never seen this product before, or like they're in fifth grade.
3. Be Brief. No one wants to sit and watch a 10-minute commercial. It's easy to be excited about your product and go off the rails talking about it, but not everyone is going to be as excited as you are to know every single detail about the product.
4. Be Clear. Sure, be brief, but don't just rush through the demonstration, either, just to get done quickly. Basically, you want to hit the main points and move on.
5. Be Professional. You don't need expensive video equipment to make a professional video, and a polished look can come off fake. Having it properly lit and shot, with good sound, is important, but you don't need to go overboard.
6. Be Honest. Nobody thinks your product or service is perfect except for maybe you. Saying your product or service is "the most amazing thing ever" tends to be unbelievable. So you want to be real about some of the shortcomings (hopefully your product is good enough that its shortcomings aren't total deal-breakers), and viewers will be better able to trust you.
What do you think? Anything else that is important to know with product demonstration videos? Let us know in the comments below or go to the YouTube watch page and give us your feedback.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!