Want some great tips about your video campaigns? We caught up with CJ Bruce, Managing Director of New Antics at the ReelSEO Video Marketing Summit and he gave us lots of tips for creating and managing your online video marketing strategy, whether that's on YouTube or with content on your own site. These tips work equally well if you are promoted either a product or a service. Let's hear what CJ has to say:
Clear goals from the beginning will help you create the right type of video content for your business and brand.
1. CJ's top video marketing tip is to think about your strategy. Identify your goals BEFORE you start making video content so you are clear about what you want to achieve whether that's lead or traffic generation to your website or more subscribers to your YouTube channel.
2. If you are clear about your goals from the very beginning, creating, publishing and distributing the right video content will be easier for everyone involved in the process.
3. Video views may seem like a good initial target but think about your sales and marketing goals and whether high views but low conversion in terms of sales or signs up is really what you want.
4. Clear Calls To Action are absolutely vital. Be very clear about what you want your viewer to do while they are either watching the video or immediately after. Do you want them to visit your website? Tell them that and guide them with a clear link to the page you want them to visit. Do you want them to subscribe to your channel? Make it easy for them to do that with an annotation. Want to encourage sales? Then offer a coupon code directly in the video.
5. Think about the audience that you are targeting and what your business goals are. Create content that fits that strategy.
We'd like to thank CJ for taking the time to give us his advice about marketing strategy. Let us know if the comments below if you have some tips and best practices of your own and how they've worked for you. Don't forget that you can catch up with all the videos from the 2013 ReelSEO Marketing Summit from this playlist.