Here is a simple list of some guidlines to follow for optimizing your videos for the search engines:
- Use social bookmarking tools that will help in the visibility of the videos.
- Keeping your video content at one place off the root directory helps in providing easy access to search engine crawlers.
- RSS and MRSS feeds
- Tag videos with specific keywords, even if it means tagging each scene.
- Position your trademark logo in the video.
- Train editors to think like video searchers
- Encode for the ride keywords
- Use keywords in filename
- One video per URL
- Add tagging
- Surround video with on page relevant text
- Crosslink to videos using keywords in anchor text
- Create an optimized video site map
- Upload videos to search engines
- Add informative Meta data
- Allow video files to be embedded and include a logo
As for some specific parameters for video SEO:
- Video Files Metadata Optimization
- Talking the source video file and infusing it with your keyword triggers in the Title, Description, and Keywords tags.
- Make sure your video is the main feature on a page and surround it with relevant text and embedded links.
- Upload Optimization
- These type of video search engines required that your upload your video search files.
- Add a social flair by getting your "friends" to submit or vote for you on the social media sites.
- RSS Optimization
- Submit your video to RSS and MRSS.
Don't Miss Any Stories!
Get daily online video news, tips and trends via email!