Found some great reasearch released by www.rubberrepublic.com and www.viralmanager.com
In the first month on YouTube:
- 70% of videos get at least 20 views
- 50% of videos get at least 100 views
- Fewer than 20% of videos get more than 500 views
- Fewer than 10% of videos get more than 1,500 views
- 3% of videos get more than 25,000 views
- Around 1% of videos get more than 500,000 views
- The most popular videos are viewed from 1,000 to 100,000 times more than a ʻtypicalʼ video.
- Most YouTube videos achieve a relatively low number of views, but some achieve very high viewing figures.
- These findings based on a large dataset from Q3 and Q4 of 2007.