'SOCIAL WEB IS REDEFINING SEARCH,' CLIPBLAST! CEO SAYS; VIDEO SEARCH PIONEER OUTLINES NEW RULES OF ENGAGEMENT FOR SEARCH MARKETING"
Social Media Poised to Undercut Traditional Search Model, ClipBlast!'s Baker Suggests
Gary Baker, CEO of ClipBlast! (www.clipblast.com). ClipBlast! is the premier Web-wide video search and navigation platform. The ClipBlast! platform searches the entire Web for available content, continuously providing video web viewers with up-to-date, personalized video content, no matter what the source. ClipBlast! indexes more content providers than anyone on the Video Web.
"The Video Web is dictating a fundamental break from traditional search methods," said Gary Baker, founder and CEO, ClipBlast! "It's now about discovery and browsing and navigating in non-linear ways. The old paradigm is changing dramatically. It's not simply that text search and video search have diverged because video is inherently more challenging. It's that the old rules no longer apply in a social media world – a world that is defined more by intersecting relationships and, frankly, whimsy, than by answers to linear questions.”
Baker has formulated six maxims that dictate engagement in this new world:
- The social Web isn't conducive to natural search – browsing, happenstance, referrals from friends, etc. shape the social Web
- Facebook and the social Web are redefining search.
- Users are defining distribution – in effect, leapfrogging technology.
- Platforms are now based on choice.
- Vendors can't determine for users how they'll experience the online medium.
- User control over what they view benefits content providers and advertisers.