It's that time once again to head into San Diego and check out what's new and exciting in the world of online marketing with the 2011 Online Marketing Summit. The speaker list reads like a who's who in online marketing. Heck, even I recognize some of the names on the list, and no, mine isn't one of them.
The Online Marketing Summit, February 7-10, 2011 in the Downtown Westin Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego, is all about information.There's no exhibit floor, no vendor sales pitches. It's about real world applicable information that you can take back to your office and use immediately. It's about one-on-one consultations, networking with your peers in the industry, training and certification.
The 2011 Online Marketing Summit (OMS) Overview
Online Marketing Training and Certification You Ask?
There's a whole day of classes before the conference even begins. Every class you attend is a notch in your belt with the Online Marketing Institute which means that eventually you can obtain a formal certification from the Institute. There are eight separate tracks this year for the special training (full agenda here):
- Full Day: Essentials of Online Marketing
- Full Day: Social Media
- Full Day: Mobile Marketing
- Morning: Email Marketing
- Morning: Search Engine Optimization
- Afternoon: Demand Generation
- Afternoon: Web Analytics
- Afternoon: Content Marketing
And that's just the day before the the actual summit. The Online Marketing Summit itself is three days full of four tracks covering everything from e-commerce lead generation to search and social media marketing.
SES Search and Social Acceleration
The third day in particular is penned as the SES Search and Social Acceleration day. It contains three tracks and looks in detail at the search and social landscape. Topics include everything from the impact of HTML5 on interactive social web experiences to advanced search tactics and mobile marketing. The conference wraps up with a networking event and the Infamous SES Black Hat/White-Hat Unconferenced Session.
Social Media Masters Club
The day after the conference has a Social Media Masters Day which is a whole day of lessons for marketing professionals from the Social Media Club. 4 Workshop choices for the day are:
- Facebook: Market Engagement with Fans, Friends, Content, Apps and Ads
- Social Media Monitoring: Strategies, Tactics, Tools and Metrics
- LinkedIn: B2B Marketing, Lead Generation and Community Development
- Twitter: Going Beyond Conversations to Create Real Time Opportunities that Increase Awareness and Sales
What about Video Marketing?
They have a couple sessions focused on marketing with video:
- Practical Tips for Using YouTube to Make the Cash Register Ring
- 1:45PM on Day 2 in the Social Media/Online Advertising (B2C) Track
- With our friend Greg Jarboe
- Keynote Panel - 4:45 of Day 2
"From Direct Response and CRM Driven video, to mobile apps to iPads and viral technologies you will hear from those creating the curve, we all seek to stay ahead of."
- Next Gen YouTube Marketing
- 10:15-11:15 on Day 3 - SES Search and Social Acceleration
- Again with Greg Jarboe but joined by Paul Carff, Sr. Developer Advocate, Google Inc. and Jonathan Allen, Director, SearchEngineWatch.
Special Discount Code - 20-30% Off
ReelSEO readers can get an exclusive 20% off with the promo code REEL20. The best way to save on registration is to register as a group with your colleagues. If two or more of your colleagues need some online marketing education, sign up with them and all of you will receive at least a 25% discount! For groups of 3 or 4 use promo codeGROUP3 to save 25%. For groups of 5 or more use promo code GROUP5 to save 30%.
Go to San Diego - It's Nice There
So if you're in need of information, training or tips in any of the following areas, then you should be at this conference. Besides, it's a good excuse for most of you to get out of the crappy winter weather and head down to beautiful San Diego, California.