The 2010 Video Commerce Summit has announced its speaker lineup, gaining momentum in its second year as the e-commerce industry's only annual gathering of e-commerce video practitioners and thought leaders.
BJ Fogg, Ph.D., Director of Stanford University's Persuasive Technology Lab and one of FORTUNE Magazine's "Top 10 Gurus to Watch" will lead the keynote session titled, "Placing Persuasive Video on the Path to Purchase."
This year, participating retailers and industry brands will include HSN, Overstock.com, Costco, drugstore.com, PFI Western, Goodmail Systems, ExpoTV, REI, Onlineshoes.com, and many others.
Topics include (full agenda of sessions here):
- Sustaining e-commerce leadership through online video
- Lessons learned and best practices in automating e-commerce video production
- Scaling video processes in large retail organizations
- Extending video commerce to mobile and TV applications
- Delivering on the promise of video in email
- Connecting retailers and brands through social video
The 2010 Video Commerce Summit is scheduled to occur July 22nd and 23rd at the Silver Cloud Stadium hotel, located directly across from Safeco field, in Seattle Washington. Liveclicker (the video commerce platform company hosting the event) says that they expect 50% more registrants compared to last year's summit and they say that spaces are going pretty fast.
If you're using online video for commerce or thinking about diving in, you may want to head over to the summit site to register. I hope to see some of you there!